<style type="text/css"> .wpb_animate_when_almost_visible { opacity: 1; }</style>

Four arrested in connection with a planned attack

Four arrested in connection with a planned attack


The French authorities have arrested Wednesday in Paris four suspected Islamist, one reportedly preparing "violent actions" in the country, a haul that brought President Francois Hollande call for "greater vigilance".


The interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, has however used to minimize the threat of an attack "imminent" in France, following the anti-terrorist operation in Brussels in connection with the jihadist attacks of 13 November in Paris .

The suspects, three men and a woman stuck to radicalization, were arrested early today in two Paris districts and the northern suburbs of the capital, according to police and court sources.

All four were being interrogated at the headquarters of the ISB, the services of the French domestic intelligence, in Levallois-Perret, near Paris. Their custody may last up to 96 hours.

They were arrested following an investigation by the Paris prosecutor's office on 17 February and given to ISB, according to judicial sources.

Within the four arrested, one was particularly targeted. "We had, on an individual who had been detained, reports that he may engage in violent acts in France," said Bernard Cazeneuve late afternoon in front of reporters.

According to the interior minister, "this individual could have been related to individuals in Syria belonging to the Islamic State," the jihadist organization that has claimed the attacks in Paris on 13 November.

According to a source close to the case, this man was known to the security services. He was sentenced in March 2014 to five years in prison, a suspended sentence for trying to leave with two other people to do jihad in Syria. Released from prison in October 2015, he had been under house arrest under the state of emergency after the November attacks.

Of the three others also arrested Wednesday face his companion.

In response to allegations of several media, Bernard Cazeneuve called to "be extremely careful about the information that is conveyed on the imminence of a violent action," indicating that "checks are underway". He said the authorities were conducting "daily arrests of this nature."

According to judicial sources, no weapons were found during the searches, but investigators have hand in hand on the "Kalashnikov cartridge unfired, computer equipment and digital media" which "were seized and must be analyzes".

"We can not talk at this stage of imminent planned attack," insisted a police sources. There is no "hardware" in that, said another.

Asked after the announcement of the arrests, President Hollande has called on his side to "the greatest vigilance."

"The threat level remains very high. We have seen in recent hours in Brussels. Can be seen with these arrests. We must be more vigilant, "he said.

"We know we are targeted. This happened in Ivory Coast, it was also France that was the target, "said the head of state, also evoking the attack that killed 19 people, including four French, Sunday Grand-Bassam, east of Abidjan.

"We are in a very sensitive moment," emphasized-was it in the head of state's entourage. "We have information on individuals. They prepare, they seek the target. They are very present in France and next to France. "

According to the authorities, many projects of attacks have been foiled since last year. Bernard Cazeneuve made state Wednesday 74 suspects arrested since the beginning of the year, which resulted in 37 indictments and 28 placements in custody.

Share Post
Written by

He graduated from the graduate school of the University of Krakow, he studied international law and economics at the Sorbonne. It works leading analyst in a major publication that deals with the analysis of the political situation in the various countries of the world. Professionally and interesting talks about the intricacies of international relations.