The Brussels-Zaventem airport, hit by a double suicide bombing murderer, will remain closed at least until Monday included, before a partial reopening expected for Tuesday, announced Saturday the company manager Brussels Airport.
"More than four days after the attacks in Brussels Airport, investigative work related to the judicial inquiry into the airport terminal is completed," but "passenger activities of the recovery should not take place before Tuesday 29 March, "a statement said.
The airport had previously indicated that it would remain closed until Sunday inclusive.
The Easter weekend marks the beginning of two weeks of school holidays in Belgium. At this time of the year, the airport handles an average of 600 flights a day, had said this week a Brussels Airport spokesman, who could not yet assess the shortfall due to the suspension of the traffic that will last so at least seven days.
"Brussels Airport Company received permission Friday afternoon to gain access to the building with a small group of engineers to assess damage" and "is currently studying a temporary solution in order to partially restart the passengers of Flight airport taking into account the new security measures decided by the government, "said Saturday the company.
Tuesday's bombings in Brussels at the airport and a subway station in the center of the capital, killed 31 people and wounded 300.